By Guest Blogger Kaitlin Olson for HEALTHeCAREERS.com
Take a second look at your job search or career plan. What is missing? What could be improved? As the community manager for healthcare recruitment resource HEALTHeCAREERS.com, I hear from job seekers each day asking for advice on everything from resumes to interview clothes and how to make a necessary career change with limited resources.
Below are a few common obstacles healthcare professionals face during their job search or career:
- Tailor your resume for each opportunity: Tailoring your resume can be one of the most important things a healthcare professional can do. However, many job seekers struggle with what they should highlight and wish they had the resources to revamp their resume.
- Dress for success: Job seekers know the importance of dressing for success, but investing in new interview clothes when unemployed can seem like an impossible task. In the end, many unemployed job seekers head to interviews without confidence in their wardrobe – and ultimately, about their prospect of landing a job.
- Get the Most Out of Networking: Networking can be a job seeker’s most important tool. However, for many job seekers, networking can be one of the most difficult parts of a job search. How can you overcome your fears of networking?
By now you’re probably recalling a time you’ve encountered one of these obstacles. That’s why HEALTHeCAREERS wants to help one job seeker makeover their career. Enter for a chance to win a Career Makeover from HEALTHeCAREERS and enjoy:
- Complimentary resume critique from Great Resumes Fast
- $250 towards interview clothes
- $50 towards business cards, resume paper and more at Office Depot
- Complimentary background check from Alison & Taylor
Join the HeCN community to access the latest job openings for nurse practitioners and other healthcare positions, as well as the latest career advice and healthcare hiring news. Better hurry, the last day to enter is February 8th, 2013!
What’s the biggest obstacle you’ve faced in your job search? Comment below and tell us what you’ve had to overcome during your NP job search.