- State Kansas
- City Overland Park
- Specialty PA
- Job Type Job Type:Full time
- Job ID ML580
McCallum Place is seeking an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) to fill a brand new role within our Overland Park, KS location!
- Strong leadership and extremely dedicated team of staff.
- Serve on the frontlines of the field as the face of our facility, working alongside one of the most highly esteemed physicians in the country.
- Compensation is very competitive and negotiable.
- Evaluate and diagnose individuals who are experiencing a psychiatric emergent/urgent or routine condition in an in/outpatient setting, face-to-face and/or by telephone as appropriate.
- Pharmacological treatment for patients including prescribing medications as well as providing follow-up.
- Facilitate admitting patients to the hospital and consulting with appropriate medical, clinical, nursing and admissions staff as needed.
- Coordinate medical aspects of treatment with the Medical Staff, Nursing, Clinical Services and others as appropriate.
- Participate and provide supervision of the multidisciplinary treatment team meetings and provide consultation by phone when needed.
- Maintain active role in treatment team or with designated staff.
- Perform peer-to-peer reviews.
- Facilitate group therapy.
- Offer outpatient evaluations.
- Seek supervision from supervising MD as appropriate.
- Consult with Physicians regarding case managed patients as necessary.
- Follow protocols as established by the Medical Director and Director of Nursing.
- Collaborates with Director of Nursing and assures location meets Joint Commission requirements.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team.
- Help with community outreach.
- Participate in family day.
- Manages DON and Office Manager positions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing;
- Kansas Licensure;
- Eagerness to learn (from Dr. McCallum) and serve as the face of the facility;
- Prescribing privileges;
- Minimum two years previous nursing experience;
- Minimum two years previous management or hospital experience;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance, supplemental life insurance, disability insurance.
The McCallum Place Difference
Under the leadership of founder Dr. Kim McCallum, MD, CEDS, FAPA, McCallum Place has earned its place as a trusted name by providing comprehensive, cutting edge treatment for adults and adolescents, males and females and elite athletes from across the country. We are unique in that we offer on-site medical and psychiatric management and care combined with intensive individualized psychotherapy, nutrition rehabilitation and education in a safe and nurturing environment, making our center of excellence a great alternative to traditional hospital settings. We integrate personalized nutritional support and best practices treatment in a real-life, home-like setting. Our state-of-the-art eating disorder treatment programs and setting are designed to create an environment of structure and support for restorative treatment.
Laura Lazas, Advanced Practice Recruiter
Main: 615.861.6000 | Direct: 615.861.7458